The Business Development Manager is a commercial customer facing role that has overall responsibility for the commercial and financial development of a customer portfolio, within a defined geographical scope, through promoting and selling standard Greencarrier products. The Business Development Manager will play an active role in managing and expanding a personal customer portfolio as a function of business needs.
The purpose of the role is to deliver planned levels of business (Volume/Actual GP) from existing and targeted customers, with a clear focus on Standard Products and predefined trade lanes.
The Business Development Manager has accountabilities in 2 main areas; namely Existing Customer Development, and New Customer Development.
1. Existing Customer development
- Accountable for delivery of the Actual GP for the assigned Existing Customer portfolio, through the sale of Greencarrier standard products and focus on selected trade lanes.
- Accountable for ensuring that contracts / agreements for all customers within the portfolio comply with Greencarrier guidelines, are documented, maintained and appropriately communicated to all relevant Greencarrier and external parties.
2. New Business Generation
- Accountable for the pursuit of identified potential customers, through adoption of Greencarrier commercial method, thus creating a differentiated customer experience.
- Accountable for the “UpSelling” process within the geographic territory, whereby ‘Non Controlled’ shippers and network derived sales leads are comprehensively pursued, as per Greencarrier guidelines.
- At least one year experience in Freight forwarding sales organization
- Proven track record of developing existing and new business
- Self-motivated, with ability to work in a fast-paced environment